07 March 2007

Piles of New Creations

I tend to work on numerous pieces all at the same time; it's just the way I am most productive. I have never really been an artist who can sit down and paint only one canvas at a time. These are some of the pieces from the pile that resulted from my studio time the other night. It's not always easy trying to balance my time with my full-time job, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and ultimately... creating my aRtwork. In the mornings when I wake up, I zoom in on what I desire to work on that evening, and my I focus on that particular piece until I have time to paint/sketch/draw. If I don't have any time to work, I get very antsy and cannot focus on other things until I am allowed to put my dreams on canvas, wood, paper, or whatever various materials I tend to be working with at any given moment.

[The last piece that you see below is the beginnings of a collaboration I am doing with Danny Mansmith, a fabrics artist from Chicago who uses SCRAP materials to create his artistic renderings.]










No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails