31 August 2007

Smoking in the Doorway in the Rain


BUY ME
Original Drawing [unframed]
Materials: Pen/Ink/Markers/Oil Pastel on Watercolor Paper
Size: 5" x 8"
Date: 2007

This drawing is taken directly from one of my sketchbooks. There was a girl standing across the street from my apartment window who really wanted to smoke, talk on the phone and stay dry. There she stood as a perfect model, which I decided to sketch. I've often found that people standing in doorways, smoking cigarettes tend to provide me with great inspiration. I don't know if it's the nicotine, their free spirits, or their stressed out state of mind, but smokers always make great models.


Smoking in the Doorway in the Rain

Smoking in the Doorway in the Rain

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails