07 January 2008

Neighborhoods - CITY scribbles -

Original Drawing
Pen/Ink/Markers
80lb 100% recycled paper
Size: 35" x 26" [unframed]
Date: 2007

This is one of the LARGE scribbles--sketches that I've been working on for a few months now. I decided to begin this series of larger pieces after I was prompted by one of my etsy friends/clients. I was uncertain about creating a large piece like this because of the original concept I had when I began the scribbles--sketches series. I didn't want to lose the authenticity of recycling old materials to create something new. Nonetheless, I decided to begin the project by scribbling (and inviting others to scribble) on these large pieces of recycled paper. Then, I began adding people, places, and things based on the scribbles that were already on the paper. It's quite a process, and this is the result.

Neighborhoods - CITY scribbles -

I've had so much fun creating this piece, and I've definitely been inspired by my little neighborhood. Of course, there are fragments from numerous neighborhoods I have visited in the past year. It's almost as if it were a reflection of the past year of my city adventures. Now, on to work on the next piece.

Neighborhoods - CITY scribbles - 04 -

(Just as I thought I had completed it, I began critiquing my work. Now, I may add another bit here and there, but until a later time, this seems finished.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails