04 March 2008

Scientist Studies

Buy Me
Medium: Acrylic on Paper
Dimensions: 24" x 36"
Date: 2001

I completed this painting while I was in college a few years ago. I've been digging through the archives, and I stumbled upon this one. I had forgotten how much I miss working with paint. I've been doing so much drawing recently that I nearly forgot what amazing textures paint can create.

Scientist Studies
When I completed this piece, I had just married my husband, a microbiologist who was then working toward his pHd. I would oftentimes stop by the laboratory where he researched and studied staph infection. (There are various strains of staph. I won't go into detail here, because I'm no expert in that field.) When I lacked inspiration, I would thumb through his lab notebook, and this is one result from those stacks of paper, slides, and film. It's amazing to see what sort of depth of meticulous detail a microbiologist puts into their research.

Scientist Studies -detail 03-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails