01 May 2008

changes...

Regardless of the lack of posts on this journal recently, I have actually been busy! I've been attending receptions for some of my shows, designing postcard(s), and creating a plan for my artistic career. I've also been working on several new pieces, but I just haven't taken the time to photograph anything. I'll have a lot of new work to show soon. It's so difficult to balance a full-time job and this creative path.

brushes & ink
"Work, study, learn, and learn."
I'm trying. Although right now, I think I may be working more than I'm learning right now. I need to learn what I want to put more of my time and energy toward. I think I know what it is, but I'm not sure that the time is right.

INK
On another note: I'm trying to move in the right direction...

Starting in April, I have had several art shows lined up. Going forward, I have a couple of shows in May, a show in NYC in June with Danny Mansmith, and I'm working on getting a few more lined up in the fall. I also am trying to freelance as an illustrator, incorporating some graphic design work, and continue creating window displays. I do my best to keep my upcoming events up-to-date in the side column here on my journal, and my website should be more fully developed soon.

pens & needles
Back to the topic...
"It really does take an amazing amount of discipline and drive to make it. If you don't have that, or if you're just accustomed to working for somebody else and you're a nine-to-five kind of person, the chances of really making it are pretty slim."
This is not me! I may work 8:30-5:30 right now, but I do my best to work every lunch break on my artwork and strive each night to make this dream come true. I want to make it happen, so if you like my work I'd love to hear from you.

Write me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails