09 June 2008

Home again...

I'm back from NYC.

I had the best time ever hanging out in the booming metropolis.

she has a name...
We had a good time at our Opening Reception Saturday night. (I'll post photos later...) Just in case you missed it, the show does go on... until June 22. If you're not sure how to get there and want to visit the space, call Jeanine at the Fountainhead Gallery or e-mail me.

Best of all, I met Danny Mansmith in person. He's a wonderful new friend! And he introduced me to his friend Cat Chow at our Opening. She's a great artist, and you should check out her artwork too.

Danny & Me
He made this sculpture for me...

balance
Amy Nyitray made the hands and feet, and Danny made the man. In this photo, he's balancing on the fire escape outside the room of the hostel where I stayed.

We had the greatest time hanging out, and I really didn't want to come home to reality.

"R" is for Red Hook
We also met up with cubistliterature in Red Hook and visited his studio. I wanted to stay everywhere I went twice as long.

But I'm back... to this daily grind.

I'll leave you with this thought for the day...
The more man meditates on good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.
- Confucious -

details - decay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails