05 August 2007

Paint's Peeling - experiment -

I was so excited to create this painting, because I loved the composition I had laid out. After adding several layers of gesso and sketching out the image I planned on composing, I was ready to add paint and ink. Once I began adding paint to the newly prepared canvas, the paint began peeling. I was saddened and hurt, but then I began realizing the beauty found in this experiment. I found it intriguing and decided I should document my attempts to make trash into something more intriguing.

The nature of experimenting requires one to allow room for error, and I'm thankful for this attempt. I love this piece of wood that someone carefully removed from their kitchen, and I'm going to figure out some way to create a painting or drawing that will not peel away.


Experimenting with Wood [found in the TRASH]

Experimenting with Wood [found in the TRASH]

Experimenting with Wood [found in the TRASH]

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails