09 September 2008

Rainy Days Spawn Creativity

"How vast and profound is the influence of the subtile powers of Heaven and of Earth!"
- Henry David Thoreau
Rainy Days Spawn Creativity

Today it has rained most of the day, and there is nothing that encourages my creativity more than a nice rainy day. So I've sat and worked on my newest piece most of the afternoon. I've listened to ambient sounds and music, such as múm, Björk, Kate Bush, and Portishead. With my other time, I've read excerpts from Walden and Drawing From Life: The Journal As Art. I've even created some new lists of galleries that I would like to visit and possibly contact for upcoming shows. Overall, it's been a rather reflective day, and I feel very productive.

drawing

This is what my new piece looked like yesterday around this time.

Transforming Time - in progress

On another note, I've reduced ALL of my original artwork and t-shirts in my etsy shop to reflect at least a 25% off discount. So you should SHOP NOW! (The sale will not last forever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails