08 September 2008

My Studio, My Art, and Me

I am uncertain if you know this or not, but I have recently had the opportunity to pursue a full-time art career. I have been doing commissioned artwork and a few illustration projects. However, I am still updating my website and preparing packages that I will soon mail out to potential illustration clients. I have been gradually transitioning into this job for quite a while now, but I just you may want to see my space, some of my artwork in progress, and me.

My creation

If you would like to see more photographs of my space, click here.


The current artwork that I'm working on will combine some screen printing with pen and ink drawings. Here is the progress of one of the pieces that will be part of this collection.

work in progress


I really love this job, and I would not trade anything for this opportunity. Every day when I wake up, I get excited to get to work. I am trying to keep my work separate from my play time, although this can be a challenge sometimes, since I work in my living room. However, it is nice to be able to do the dishes or some laundry while I take a short break during the day. I have just learned that I need to time my breaks, so that I can continue to be productive with my work.

self portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails