30 January 2009

A (little) Obsession

A little over a year ago, I rode my first single speed, and I felt more attached and in control of the bike than I'd ever felt. I rode this 9•2•5 Redline at Harris Cyclery, but didn't want to spend the money on another bike. (Plus, I didn't have the room for it.) I later rode the Raleigh Rush Hour at Bicycle Bills, and I believe I liked that ride even better. By this time, I was convinced that I would one day have my very own fixed gear. So when I found a decent old bike that fit me this week, I was overjoyed. The only thing is that I have been obsessing over all of the things that I could do to make it a smooth ride. Macaframa is merely one of the sites that I found to invoke more dreams. Right now, I'm just trying to decide what type of hub I want to use.

Now back to work I shall go. There's a new screen print I'll be sharing tomorrow. For now, I think I'll be inspired by Taliah Lempert's bicycle paintings. I especially like this Bike Stack - 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails