03 April 2008

MART (Your Friendly Neighborhood Wake Up Call)

I just met Amy Swart this evening. (She recognized me when she saw the mittens that CubistLiterature created for me. ) Amy is the co-founder of a local art group, called Mindful Art for the Real Times, an art exhibition branch of a local grassroots non-profit called Students 4 Peace. She found out about me and my artwork right here on this art journal, and requested that I participate in this exhibition during the month of April. I was unsure if I should do this at first, because I felt like I already had so many commitments. Then I began reading about her organization and the events that she's been promoting, and everything seemed to line up with my artwork, my lifestyle, and the way I create.

Green ART
I'm not only participating in green exhibition, called Salvage for MART (S*MART) during the month of April, but I'm also going to have an installation at the Massachusetts Power Shift Art Exhibit. Massachusetts Power Shift is a weekend-long climate change summit that will be happening at Boston University from April 11th – 14th, April 11th. Senator John Kerry will be speaking on Friday. If you're interested in registering for the big event, you can do so through the Massachusetts Power Shift.


In short, there are a two exhibits here in Boston that Mindful Art for the Real Times is sponsoring during Earth Month, and I'll have art in both of the exhibitions. The details are below, and links to news articles promoting these special exhibits are also listed here.

S*MART will feature art created from sustainable materials and will be
running for the month of April at Espresso Royale on Commonwealth Avenue.
Closing Reception: Wednesday, April 30 (time to be determined)

Massachusetts Power Shift is a weekend-long climate change summit that will be happening at Boston University from April 11th – 14th. There will be featuring a 3-D gallery consisting of sculpture, ceramics, installations,and crafts made with sustainable materials, which will be on view in the College of Arts and Sciences building of Boston University.

Big Red Shiny
The Enterprise
The Daily Collegian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails