30 June 2008

You Come Too

A few months ago I had a request through etsy to create a painting for a wedding gift for this etsian's soon-to-be husband. She shared a lot about their "story," and told me to run with it. She gave me the freedom to create whatever sort of piece I thought would be appropriate for the occasion. So this is the finished piece. And below is a poem that sums up their story, which I have inscribed on the back of the canvas. I was honored to get to create something special just for their wedding.

You Come Too - 02
commissioned - work in progress
Pathways

Understand, I'll slip quietly
away from the noisy crowd
when I see the pale
stars rising, blooming, over the oaks.

I'll pursue solitary pathways
through the pale twilit meadows,
with only this one dream:
You come too.


- Rainer Maria Rilke -

You Come Too - 07

I believe I've posted this video on my blog before, but it's the song that the couple is walking out to on the day of their wedding. In fact, the bride's good friend, Jess (Juno winner and Grammy Nominee) will be performing at the wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails