18 September 2008

First Birthday INVITES & other CARDS

I just completed the illustrations & design for these birthday invites. If you didn't notice, it's her FIRST BIRTHDAY!

Here are some sketches that I created prior to the actual note card layout.
pink cupcakecupcake sketchesfirst birthday cupcake

The name and most of the lettering is hand-drawn. The frames for the pictures and the cupcakes are also hand-drawn. Eventually, I digitally altered it all in Photoshop. And all of these sketches of cupcakes made me hungry for one. So now I may need to bake some cookies, because I have all of the ingredients for that.
1st BIRTHDAY - proof

If you want me to create a custom illustrated invitation for your upcoming events, I'd be happy to help you out. Just send me a quick e-mail.

And on the topic of note cards and whatnot, I intend to post some Christmas and other "special occasion" cards for sale in my etsy shop soon. And I also have a few new illustrations for the occasion this year. So stay tuned.

OK. OK. It may seem a bit soon for this, but I know that many of you do not procrastinate the way that I do. Due to this, you actually get your holiday cards sent out before Christmas. I usually wait too long to even send them out at all. Plus, a lot of stores that I've recently visited are already getting their holiday cards all set up.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!! I may have to have you do some for Kennedy's first next year! She is only 5 weeks .. is it too early to start thinking??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Heather! From what I understand about motherhood, it's never too early to begin thinking about their 1st birthday. I know it's a very special day...

    ReplyDelete

Host your website with Dreamhost Join My Community at MyBloglog! Entertainment Blog Directory
Creative Commons License PayPal—eBay's service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your eBay purchases!

Locations of visitors to this page
Related Posts with Thumbnails